World Day of Prayer
Informed prayer and prayerful action.
For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people… (Eph 1:15)
Mt. Bethel Church is a praying community, and through informed prayer, we seek ways to act in solidarity with our mission partners for those who are oppressed and neglected, including women and children.
Although March 3 is the recognized as World Day of Prayer, praying, serving, and giving is our faith community’s way of living.
Below are specific requests by local mission partners and Mt. Bethel’s Student Ministry. We ask you to choose how you will participate and make a commitment now through March 3 to remember those who need God’s message of love and redemption through His Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Pray Serve Give
- Pray for women trying to leave an unsafe living environment. Ask the Lord to enable MUST to support these women and their children while they pursue work opportunities and seek safe, stable housing.
- Pray for affordable housing in Cobb and Cherokee counties. Call on God to remove the primary obstacle to re-establishing stable housing for MUST Ministries’ clients.
- Pray that God would repair relationships within the client’s extended family. Often the fastest and most economical way to re-house a family is through the support network of extended family.
- Pray that God would send qualified candidates for new hire staff positions. Staffing across the MUST Ministries organization has been challenging for the last couple of years. Pray specifically for a Family Services coordinator. Ask the Lord to bring the right person to join their staff in serving vulnerable women and their families. Lift up MUST case managers and housing assistants to join them in compassionately serving our neighbors in need.
Mobile Pantry Hands-on Volunteer Opportunities: February 27-March 3
(Volunteers must be age 18+):
- Mobile Pantry – March 1 | 1-3:30pm at Mt. Pisgah Baptist 851 South Gordon Road, SW Austell, GA 30168.
- Mobile Pantry – March 3 | 12:15-2:45pm at Villages at Six Flags 750 Six Flags Road, Austell, GA 30165.
Summer Lunch Program
You may make donations in one of two ways:
- This is an easy way to donate to the summer lunch program by ordering items on Amazon and having them shipped directly to MUST Ministries – 1280 Field Parkway, Marietta, GA 30066.
- You may also shop for the items listed below and bring to MB welcome center to drop off or drop off at the MUST Donation Center – 1280 Field Parkway, Marietta, GA 30066
Summer Lunch Program Needed items:
Breakfast items – Cereal cups, breakfast bars, oatmeal packets, grits packets, pop tarts
Lunch entrees – Mac-n-cheese cups, Chef Boyardee cups, ramen noodle cups/bowls.
Snacks (Individual serving packets) – granola bars, chips, cookies, fruit cups, fruit roll-ups/gummies, sandwich crackers. Beverages – bottled water (8oz), juice boxes, or pouches.
- For their Image Clear Ultrasound Mobile team – over their mission to GO Serve Women, GO Save Lives, and Go Share Jesus – The HOPE Center has locations in the City of Atlanta, at the Atlanta Women’s Clinic, and at Kennesaw State University.
- For their developing Fatherhood Program, for the part-time Men’s Program Coordinator position they are interviewing for, and for the training for male volunteers.
- For two additional open full-time positions to be filled: Finance Director, Sonographer.
- For everyone to respond to the leading of the Holy Spirit, and we trust Him to bring those who need the HOPE Center’s services, Options Medical Clinic, and ICU Mobile.
Praise God for our text prayer partners! To be added, simply enter your name and phone number here.
Serve & Give
Hope Center Amazon Wish List: Please go online to order.
Table on Delk:
- Give thanks for God’s continued protection, provision, and favor with their landlord, local businesses, and motel management.
- For wisdom and discernment to be good stewards of the resources He’s given them, and good shepherds of the volunteers who invest their time with them.
- For the enemy’s voice to be silenced in their guests’ minds, and for all of the enemy’s lies, insinuations, and accusations to be replaced with Truth.
- For God the Father would re-parent the ladies and equip them to be the moms their children need them to be.
- For God to protect the young guests from seeing, hearing, and experiencing things that no one ever should, and for any memories they have of these events would be erased.
- For every student who will come to DNOW 2023, Jesus would begin to soften their hearts and prepare them for His movement over DNOW weekend.
- For our Student Ministry Team, speaker, and worship band that they would be able to spend time with Jesus and listen to HIS voice as they lead us in worship to encounter Him; that they would be moved and led by the Holy Spirit
- For our host homes and our college leaders, that they would be abundantly blessed as they offer hospitality, time, and a willingness to serve our students; for peace, joy, and stamina as both groups prepare for DNOW weekend and serve our students throughout DNOW.
Serve & Give
Our students and college volunteers need your help! Go online to choose how you can participate in this very important and impactful event.
For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. Ephesians 15-21