Romania Mission Trip
July 9 - 18 2022
Join one of our teams for a time of fun, games, crafts, devotions, and prayer with the girls at Deborah House, a place for girls ages 6-18 who have been rescued from trafficking and severe abuse find “new life.” Mt. Bethel has partnered with Deborah House/Missio International for twenty years to provide a safe-haven for these girls and equip them with the tools they need to become self-sufficient adults.
This year, we’re offering two ways to participate on a team:
- In-person: July 9-18 | Team Leader: Chris Sweitzer (contact if interested) Register at link below.
The in-person team will be present during the first week of the virtual trip, so there will be coordination of activities between the groups.
- Virtually: July 11, 13, 15, 19, 20, and 21 (8-9am each day via Zoom) | Team Leaders: Ruth Ann and Phillip Sonke (contact if interested)
The virtual team is a great way for those who are not yet ready or able to travel internationally to interact with the girls at Deborah House.
– At the conclusion of the trip on July 21, we will “celebrate” with the girls of Deborah House. On that date, a limited number of participants will be able to join the team virtually and learn more about what they’ve been able to accomplish during their trip. It will be a day of celebration and praise for God’s presence in Romania. Register using Celebration link below. PLEASE NOTE: After registering, you will receive information regarding how you will gain access to the Zoom link for July 21, if space is available.
We also have a link below to sign-up for a prayer slot during the days the team visits. Although this prayer time is private, it brings comfort to the girls and the team members to know they are covered in prayer.
Other ways to help Deborah House:
- Join us in Writing a Note – If you would like, you could write a brief note to encourage the girls of Deborah House. The notes can be a brief as “We have been thinking of you and praying for you” or “We love hearing about all of the activities you have been involved with at Deborah House” or “We look forward to hearing about your summer activities” or any brief message you may like to share. Notes can be sent to Phillip Sonke who will consolidate the notes and send them to Romania in one large PDF file.
- Join us in our Fundraising – Assist in a 2022 “Match” – A Mt. Bethel ‘friend of Deborah House’ has offered a $2,500 “match” for donations for the Deborah House Virtual Team fundraiser! The in-person team will carry a small amount of supplies in one suitcase. The rest of the necessities will be purchased by the staff oft Deborah House.
To donate towards the Matching Gift campaign, please do one of the following:
- Visit the MB Giving page and choose “Missions” from the drop-down options. Be sure to write Deborah House in the Note section.
- Write a check and mail it to the MB Finance Office with Deborah House on the memo line.
- Donations may also be mailed to Missio International, the U.S. non-profit 501(c)(3). Be to include Mt. Bethel Deborah House Mission on your check and mail to:
P.O. Box 10967
Knoxville, TN 37939