Our New Children’s Service
November 2, 2017
Welcome to KidCity, where kids are taught to love Jesus, live like Jesus, and shine His light to others like a “city set on a hill.” At KidCity, children will experience Christ’s love in the relationships formed with caring adults and leaders, community groups of peers, and hands-on application of God’s word and principles presented in the Bible.
Mt. Bethel Children’s Ministry is excited to share with you how this new worship experience will transform our programs into an integrated, intentional, and inspirational service that seeks to correlate with the Vision of Greater at Mt. Bethel: “Mt. Bethel is compelled to love like Christ so that our lives, our city, and the world will be transformed for the glory of God.”
Highlights of KidCity
- Centralized location in Fellowship Hall for outstanding space for large group and small group activities in a welcoming environment with easy access and security.
- Dedicated volunteers providing consistent small group leadership where we get to know and interact in age-appropriate ways with kids and families.
- Fun and interactive learning where Bible lessons are experienced among different learning styles.
- Monthly handout that presents the theme and scripture lessons.
- Weekly email with family discussion material.
For all of our two-hour families, we will continue to offer our Catechesis of the Good Shepherd program for all three-year-olds to 12-year olds. The children will have time to contemplate Scripture as they draw closer to Jesus. The program will be offered at both hours. All of our Catechists (teachers) are well-trained in Bible, Liturgy, and the Montessori educational approach.
Our Preschool and Nursery ministries will remain a vital part of our KidCity ministry as we strive to welcome young people and families into a close relationship with God as part of our church family. We value the opportunity to partner with parents in their child’s faith development and do not take it lightly.
Thank you for your prayers and support for our new endeavors. If you have questions or comments, please contact us!
Matt Lake, Director o Children’s Ministry
Can’t wait? Come to our sneak peek event:
KIDCITY SNEAK PEEK
Sunday, December 3 | 12:30pm | Fellowship Hall
Join us after church for a quick peek at KidCity. Families will get a feel for the service that combines both large and small group with worship and interactive learning. This preview is scheduled to last approximately thirty minutes. Light refreshments will be served.