Contact Information: SIFAT,
2944 County Road 113, Lineville, AL 36266,
The idea of SIFAT was conceived in the jungles of the Alto Beni of Bolivia in 1976 when Ken and Sarah Corson took their four children and moved to Sapecho to be pastors of a Bolivian Methodist church.
The Quechuan mayor of the town became a Christian that year and has been a great Christian community leader. Benjo and Ken cofounded a nonprofit Christian organization in Bolivia, the mother organization out of which SIFAT was born. In 1979, the Corsons returned to Alabama and established SIFAT as a training center for meeting basic human needs.
Acknowledging Christ’s concern for the spiritual as well as the physical aspects of His children, SIFAT responds to the Great Commission by sharing God’s love in practical ways. Faith and technology are merged for the purpose of enabling the poor to develop holistically in Jesus Christ. SIFAT Mission: To share God’s love through service, education and personal involvement with a needy world. SIFAT Vision: Bridging the First and Two-thirds Worlds to alleviate spiritual and physical poverty, encouraging people to develop their God-given potential.
- International Projects
- Learn & Serve youth programs
- CARES one-day field tripsTraining Seminars and Workshop
- Practicum (10-week course), merging community development with practical skills, such as appropriate technology, public health & agriculture
- International short-term mission trips.
- Pray for our staff and projects.
- Take a SHARE in SIFAT by pledging to give monthly.
- Sponsor an international student in our Practicum.
- Go on an international short-term mission trip.
- Tour our campus.
- Volunteer on campus.
- Speak to organizations about SIFAT.
- Participate in L&S youth camp or retreats.