Adult Enrichment Ministry
To provide necessary goods and services to those adults within our community who suffer from abuse, neglect, exploitation, mental and/or physical disability, and, in most every instance, dire poverty. Adult Protective Services (APS) Case Managers contact us once they have exhausted all resources available to them through other agencies.
We also offer three opportunities a year for the APS adults to come together. In these social situations, we serve lunch, provide entertainment, have planned activities, and send them home with personal care items and other goods which, hopefully, will enhance their lives.
At Christmas, through the generosity of our Angel Tree donors and other persons within our community, we are able to provide these adults with basic necessities: winter coats, pajamas, sweaters, shoes, etc.
Our social gatherings occur in the spring and fall and at Christmas.
- Assist at social gatherings.
- Provide party favors and table snacks.
- Collect full-size personal care items throughout the year.
- Assist in educating the community about these adults and their needs.
- Assist in procuring other items which will enhance their lives, i.e. Bibles, warm clothing, used furniture, etc.
- Help with moving clients and simple home repairs.