Wellspring Ground Clean-Up Day
September 28 | 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
One of the facilities at Wellspring Living is in need of a little TLC to lop overgrown vegetation, remove debris, and spread new ground covering to beautify and enhance it. Wellspring Living is one of Mt. Bethel’s local mission partners whose calling is to confront the issue of childhood sexual abuse and exploitation through advocacy, education, and treatment programs for girls and women. Wellspring provides a low-cost residential program for women, consisting of six months in an intensive, therapeutic environment followed by six months of supported transition back into a “normal” routine life.
Can you spare four or five hours to help? Please register online by September 27 so we will know we can count on you!
A few details about the day:
- We will meet at the church at 8am and use the MB buses to get to Wellspring.
- Participants should wear long sleeves, long pants, and gloves. There’s always the possibility of poison ivy!
- Please bring rakes, loppers, sheers, and other hand tools for clearing the area. We will also need one or two weedeaters with brush cutting attachments and hedge trimmers.
- Water and Gatorade will be provided.
- We plan to return to Mt. Bethel by 1pm.
1 John 3:18 – Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.