Update, September 28: The build is back on with new dates. Please sign up, as we need your help!
Please join us for the 2017 Habitat Home Build this fall in Powder Springs, GA.
This will be the 37th Habitat home sponsored by Mt. Bethel UMC. We are working with NW Metro Atlanta Habitat for Humanity and are happy to have Mt. Zion UMC partnering with us again this year. Learn how to sign up »
|Saturday||10/21||Interior Framing, Install Windows|
|Saturday||10/28||Insulation, Exterior Siding|
|Friday||11/10||Interior Prep, Paint, Baseboards, Soffits|
|Saturday||11/11||Interior Paint, Install Shutters|
|Saturday||11/18||Interior Paint, Trimwork, Fascia|
|Saturday||12/2||Finish House and Trim, Clean, Hardware, Blinds|
The house will be dedicated on Saturday, December 16, time TBA. Everyone is invited to this happy celebration.
* The work to be completed on any given build date is subject to change depending on the progress of the build.
How to Sign up for the Build
To participate in the build all volunteers must register on the NW Metro Atlanta Habitat for Humanity website.
- Select the Volunteer box at the top of the page, and choose Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities. If you are a new volunteer, Create your User Profile and accept the Waiver of Liability. You will receive an e-mail with a temporary password to login to the volunteer management system and select your volunteer date(s).
- If you have previously volunteered and already have a User Profile you can sign in at the bottom of the list of events. You will be required to update your profile and accept the 2017 Waiver of Liability.
When you login to the Volunteer Management System you will be able to view the various events. Select the Mt.Bethel/Mt.Zion Build. When you see “Reserved “ next to the event this means the volunteer slots are reserved for Mt. Bethel and Mt. Zion volunteers Use the following reservation code to sign up: BethelZion17.
In the event that we don’t have enough volunteers for an upcoming build date Habitat may choose to open the registration to other volunteers. In this case the “Reserved” status will be removed and no reservation code will be needed to sign up.
- Please review the specific age requirements on the NW Metro Atlanta Habitat for Humanity website if you are considering volunteering and are under 18 years of age.
- Your volunteer commitment is important because we depend on a certain number of volunteers to complete the necessary work for each build day. We realize that sometimes it is necessary to cancel or reschedule. If this situation occurs, please cancel in the volunteer management system so the volunteer slot can be made available to someone else. It is also important that we know in advance the number of volunteers for our lunch providers.
- You will receive an email reminder and volunteer information from NW Metro Atlanta- Habitat for Humanity prior to your volunteer date.
If you have any questions about volunteering for the build, please contact Mary Henkel, Volunteer Coordinator for this event by email or at 770.542.9623.
For technical support with the Volunteer Registration System, please feel free to reach out to Camellia Chandler, Volunteer Coordinator and Development Assistant at NW Metro Atlanta Habitat for Humanity, by email or at 770.432.7954, Ext. 110.
Thank you for your support of Mt. Bethel’s Habitat Ministry.
More Helpful Information for Volunteers
- Lunch is provided for all Volunteers. If you have specific dietary needs, please bring your own snacks and lunch items for yourself. Bottled water is provided throughout the day for volunteers.
- Dress in layers to allow for varying temperatures of the day.
- Absolutely NO open toed shoes – non-skid, thick soled shoes are recommended.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own work gloves, however, gloves will be available if you do not have your own.
- All tools are provided for the Volunteers on site.
- The following items are pre-approved, if the volunteer would like to use their own nail aprons, hammers, utility knives, tape measures and pencils. Label items you bring with your name.
- Bring anything unique to your needs with you (sunscreen, medications, extra snacks, etc.).