Check-in Procedure for Children
May 10, 2016
The safety of your children while in our care is of great importance to us. For this reason, we have put in place check-in and pick-up procedures to ensure the security and safety of your children. For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions here »
- All children birth through fifth grade must be checked in at one of our many check-in stations before going to their designated classrooms.
- Each child will be given a name tag with their location, activity, any allergies/special instructions, and a unique security code. The unique security code on the child’s tag will correspond with a separate tag given to the parent(s)/guardian(s).
- Children must wear a tag for each activity they will be attending to ensure that volunteers know their location, activity, any allergies/special instructions, and the unique security code.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) are responsible for ensuring that their children are in the appropriate room before going to their class or worship service.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) must have their computer-generated pick up tag when picking up. In the event the pick-up tag is lost, parent(s)/guardian(s) must show ID to ensure that children are being picked up by the appropriate adult.
- Siblings must be at least 13 years of age in order to pick up a brother or sister in a preschool or elementary classroom and they must have the computer generated pick-up tag.
- Volunteers/staff will collect name tags and pick-up tags at the doors of each classroom.
How Check-in Works:
You may check-in your children, birth to fifth grade, at any available station using at least the last four digits of your telephone number. If this is your first time at Mt. Bethel, please visit one of our many welcome desks to register your child/children.
After finding your children’s name in the database:
- Review the classes under your children’s name for accuracy, or click “Choose Classes” to make corrections.
- Make sure there is a check by your children’s name and then click “Check In” on the lower right of the screen.
- Two tags will be printed:
- Your children’s name tag(s) to be worn during service.
- Your parent/guardian tag(s) for you to wear and/or hang on to.
- All of these tags will have matching identification numbers that are exclusive to your children and your visit.
After the service or class, you will return to your children’s room and turn in your parent/guardian tag in order for your child to be released back to you. (If your child is in fourth or fifth grade, you may sign a Self Release Form to allow them to leave class on their own. These forms are located at the visitor check-in station in the education building.)