Community

Step Up With Hope

We are always hoping for something, don’t you you think? Our granddaughter always hopes for a Barbie Doll or another toy when we go to Target. I have a cousin who has MS and early dementia, and I hope and pray that she will remember me when I see her. My. husband hopes his golf…

Read More...

A Different Kind of Mother’s Day

This Mother’s Day is a different kind of Mother’s Day for me. While I have had the joy of celebrating Mother’s Day with my two biological daughters the past several years, this Mother’s Day is unique because I also have a son for the first time, and this may be the only Mother’s Day I ever…

Read More...

A Week of Love and Acceptance

Empty Nesting, it’s the best. I do love it, and I also love the times I can look back at my life as a parent and the events and challenges that shaped my children. I would love to say that my awesome parenting was all my children needed to become the strong young adults that they…

Read More...

Giving our Neighbors a Second Chance

On Friday, April 21, in celebration of Earth Day, Mt. Bethel UMC provided an opportunity for East Cobb citizens to donate used clothing, furniture, and household goods to the Salvation Army. A collections truck was at Mt. Bethel accepting donations all day. The Mt. Bethel Preschool and Mt. Bethel Christian Academy participated, with children bringing gently used clothes,…

Read More...

What Happened to the Great Day of Service?

Have you read the book, “Where’s Waldo“? This may describe how you feel when you ask yourself, “Where’s The Great Day of Service?” In 1999, we had our very first Great Day of Service. At that time, Mt. Bethel had not developed into the missional church we are today. We needed a little help finding organizations to get involved with…

Read More...

The Consignment Sale Thanks You!

Thank you to everyone in the Mt. Bethel community for your support at the Spring/Summer Children’s Consignment Sale. Because so many of you consigned, volunteered, and shopped the sale as well as baked items for and purchased items from the bake sale, we earned close to $20,000 that will go to charities and missions that…

Read More...

DNOW Youth Gave Over 6,000 Food Items

Backpack Blessings recently teamed up with Mt. Bethel Student Ministries as a mission partner for DNOW, an annual retreat for middle and high school students at Mt. Bethel UMC. After learning about our mission, the students were asked to bring three specific items to include in the blue bags that we deliver to Fair Oaks every…

Read More...

Part of Something Bigger

My son is saving his Christmas money and trying to earn extra from chores; he knows the consignment sale is right around the corner. My daughter hasn’t figured it out yet, but she remembers exactly where we bought her favorite nightgown last sale. She chose it herself and wears it as often as possible. After…

Read More...