Community

Praise God, the Crates Were Full!

During the past two weeks, you, Church, have brought medicine and food to help those requiring emergency relief in Venezuela. Not just some donations–4,450 pounds of donations! On the past two Sundays, you have given your time to sort and pack these donations for those who desperately need them. We had middle school boys carrying boxes to…

Read More...

Help Venezuela Now

Venezuela is in the worst humanitarian crisis in this Hemisphere. People are starving and medical care is almost non-existent. It wasn’t always like this. Venezuela was once the wealthiest country in South America and has the greatest natural resources, including the largest oil reserves in the world. But due to massive government corruption, a failed…

Read More...

Camp Hope: Healing Heartbreak

Every summer, dozens and dozens of smiling, selfless Mt. Bethel volunteers give up their Sunday and meet at our church to ensure our Camp Hope campers, all children with an incarcerated parent, are safely checked in for their bus ride to camp. Eight-year-old Kennedy waited four years for her chance to get on the bus….

Read More...

I Don’t Want to Hear About It

I have just about quit watching the local or national news, or even trying to keep up with all the negative news stories that come in on my news apps on a daily basis. I am so tired of hearing so many sad, heartbreaking, and tragic stories that it often leads me to say, “I…

Read More...

Hurricane Disaster Relief

Thank you to all of you who have been praying, giving donations, and providing clean-up buckets for the victims of the hurricanes. All of the events are going to have a very long term impact. Some estimate the recovery of Harvey and Irma may take years, and the hurricane season continues. To use the old…

Read More...

Behind the Scenes of the Children’s Consignment Sale

See pictures from the recent consignment sale » As we work to close the books on another successful consignment sale, we can’t help but reflect on the four days we spent together for one end goal. Our sale’s main purpose is to provide for deserving children and families who need a helping hand. The net proceeds…

Read More...

Mt. Bethel’s Hands, Feet, and Power Tools

Mt. Bethel is blessed to have the Handy Helpers, a team of volunteers who build, repair, advise, and help with a variety of construction projects, big and small. This group of volunteers at the homes of our congregation members, the community, The Garden, Mt. Bethel’s campus, and also in disaster relief areas when needed. In…

Read More...

4000 Lunches in 5 Days!

Mt. Bethel answered a huge need for MUST ministries’ summer lunch program. Over the course of five days, our church has made over 4000 lunches! While 2000 were packed by kids at VBS, the other 2000 of these lunches were assembled on Monday, June 12, by grandparents with their grandchildren, moms with eager children, and…

Read More...