God wants to change the trajectory of Mt. Bethel. He is calling us to be greater by embracing pivotal moments that change our destiny. Our response to His calling is PIVOT – a multi-year, churchwide initiative, challenging us to think and act differently to grow deeper in our faith.
Our first step in PIVOT is to focus on financial discipleship.
Each of us needs to know how to manage God’s blessings God’s ways for God’s glory so that we can have the freedom to live a more joy-filled life.
To help with this step, we will use Dave Ramsey’s financial discipleship programs, which teach biblically-based, step-by-step practices.
We began in January with staff and lay leaders, and so far, we have seen people’s lives changed through financial discipleship in tremendous ways:
- Marriages are strengthened because they get on the same page financially.
- Faith is deepened once they are able to understand giving and generosity and how that changes lives.
- People get out of debt and are able to use their resources for Kingdom purposes.
- Children and students learn to give, save, and spend according to biblical principles.
- People position themselves to leave a legacy for future generations.
Starting this fall, our whole church will pause from our normal studies to focus as a congregation on biblical stewardship. The entire church together will participate in this study. Read more about Dave Ramsey’s Financial Discipleship Programs »
All of our children and students will be learning these biblical principles as part of their own Sunday School classes and Wednesday night programs. There is no cost for the children’s and students’ programs.
Adults will choose one of two options: Financial Peace University or Legacy Journey. This will be the curriculum for all Sunday School classes, Life Groups, and Bible Studies for fall of 2017.
- Financial Peace University Learn the basics of budgeting, dumping debt, spending and saving wisely, and much more. Classes meet for nine weeks and are led by a facilitator coach.
- Legacy Journey Learn how to live now so you can leave a legacy of generosity and purpose. The class will cover how to grow your money, plan for retirement, create a will, and more. Understand what the Bible says about building wealth, giving, and leaving a legacy. Classes meet for seven weeks and are led by a facilitator coach.
These two courses for adults will begin the week of August 20. They are open to all church members and the community and will be offered at the discounted price of $91. To find a class, go here »
Why Financial Peace?
The average family has an $8,000 financial turnaround in just the first 90 days!
Reason One: Freedom is a Biblical Principle
Dealing with our finances is also a biblical calling. As Christians, we want to be available for whatever God calls us to do. When you are covered in debt, you are in bondage. FPU is all about financial peace and freedom. It gives you the ability to dream again and a way to make those dreams come true.
Reason Two: Because Debt is Bad
Think about it: NO debt is good! Therefore, we should always strive to be debt free. FPU gives you the tools to become debt free. It even puts you on a course to financial freedom. Can you imagine a world where you have no debt payments and no mortgage payments?
How could we impact the world for Christ?
Reason Three: Because We Are Called to be Generous
People want to be generous. They want to be generous, but don’t feel like they can be generous. They have little or no margin in their finances to give to the church, support a favorite charity, help others with a mission trip, or simply give money to help meet needs they encounter on a regular basis. FPU puts you on a path where you can be as generous as you want to be.